Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Invasion of Kentucky! (Part 3)


First off I would like to apologize, my schedule since I've been back from spring break has been brutal! But, I work with the Athletic Department and I'm scheduled to work every home game from now on. My focus this year is going to be the home games and keep you updated with other stuff when I can.

Hopefully I'll get a response for an interview with Head Coach Schmitz soon if I'm lucky (fingers crossed).

Quick recap of the last four games before the the preview of the home-opener which is tomorrow!

First off, BG earned a sweep of Western Kentucky! Three wins in two days!

3/19/2010
Bowling Green: 11
Western Kentucky: 9

3/20/2010
Game 1
Bowling Green: 19
Western Kentucky: 10

Game 2
Bowling Green: 7
Western Kentucky: 6


Quck Hits:
- 2009 ESPN Academic All-American TJ Blanton had career highs when he went 4-5, belted three home runs, and had seven rbi's in game one of the double header saturday.

-37 runs by BG in a three game series just backs up what BG has done so far, proving that offense is what wins games for BG, not the defensive side.

- Unfortunately, of the 19 runs scored by BG in the first game of the double header Saturday, only 10 of them were earned. And seven of them were driven in by the the Falcons #9 hitter(!?) Blanton.

-Western Kentucky made a lot of errors defensively... to the tune of 11 errors in three games... maybe the home score keeper was a pitcher when he played...?

- Only four errors by Bowling Green during the whole series. Finally some good defense! In fact, rumor has it Blanton not only had three home runs but he also robbed WKU of one.

- BG won in the state of Kentucky! It took until game seven but hey. It's nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment